2020 Board of Directors
for The Sharon Cooperative School
The Cooperative Nature School at The Trustees Moose Hill Farm
The Board services both The Sharon Cooperative and The Cooperative Nature Schools and plays a vital role in supporting the Executive Director, the teachers, and the school community. We are parent volunteers from both schools. We are the marketers, the fundraisers, the financial gurus, the HR resource team and the keepers of the Cooperative Philosophy. Since the Sharon Cooperative’s incorporation in 2004, the Board has shaped and supported the vision and goals of the school and has been instrumental in the growth and success of the business as well as the community.
These are the Committees of the Board:
- Director Services (oversees and supports Director);
- Transition (overseeing the transition of the Executive Director June 2021);
- Finance (oversees all aspects of the finances, budgets and expenditures);
- Strategic Planning (overseeing the creation of a strategic plan 2021);
- Governance (oversees policies and regulation compliance);
- Marketing (overall planning and specific actions);
- Community (events, service projects, Cooperative family involvement);
Your current parent Board members are:
TJ Freedman (2021)
T.J. Freedman joined the board in January 2019 and is an Associate Director, Customer Management at Colgate-Palmolive. T.J. is also a member of the Director Services, Strategic Planning and Marketing subcommittees. He is the proud parent of a current Cooperative School student and a 2019 Nature School graduate.
Meghan Graham (2020)
Meghan Graham joined the board in January 2018 and is a clinical assistant professor at Boston University in the Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences Department, and works as a clinical speech-language pathologist in private practice. Meghan is co-chairperson of the board and also a member of the Director Services, Events and Strategic Planning subcommittees. She collaborated with the board to start the Cooperative Nature School and also is focused on maintaining and improving communication between the teachers and the board. Meghan is a proud parent of a 2018 graduate and a current Coop student.
Ilana Gotlib (2020)
Ilana Gotlib is currently Director of Business Development at Philips Healthcare, in Cambridge MA. She joined the Board in January 2018, and has spent most of her time on the opening of the Cooperative Nature School. She is also a member of the Director Services and Fundraising subcommittees. She is the proud parent of a 2019 Cooperative Nature School graduate, and a current Sharon Cooperative School student.
Jennifer Lewis (2021)
Jennifer Lewis joined the board in January 2019 and is a Senior Clinical Project Leader at Syneos Health, on assignment with Sanofi US. Jennifer is a member of the Finance, Strategic Planning and Events subcommittees. She is a proud parent of Madeleine (Class of 2020 Nature School) and Grayson (future Coop/ Nature School student). Jennifer joined the board in hopes of facilitating lasting relationships between children, families, teachers and the community.
Jessica Norton (2021)
Jessica Norton joined the board in January 2019 and is a playwright and English teacher at Milton High School with a passion for educational practices of all ages. Jess is the chair of the Events subcommittee and on the Marketing subcommittee. Jess joined the board to continue deepening the school’s mission to serve children and their families in a community-based setting. She is the mother of Dexter (Nature School 2020) and Alden (future Coop student).
Noah Oshry (2020)
Noah Oshry joined the board in January 2018 and he is a Business Operations Consultant and Trusted Advisor to Life Sciences Executives. Noah is co-chairperson of the board and a member of the Finance and Strategic Planning subcommittees. He has focused most of his board efforts on starting the Cooperative Nature School and Financial Planning and Analysis. Noah is an alumnus of the Sharon Cooperative school and the proud parent of a 2018 graduate and a 2020 future graduate.
Kate Worrall (2021)
Kate Worrall joined the board in January 2019 and is mother of Tommy (Coop Class of 2021) and Colin (future Coop student). She currently serves as Secretary of the Board and is a member of the Director Services, Governance and Lease committees. Kate currently serves as Vice President at Charles Group Consulting, a small government affairs firm focusing on representing nonprofit clients. She moved to Sharon to start her family four years ago and joined the board to become more involved in the Sharon community and because she believes strongly in the mission of the Cooperative schools.
Amit Desai joined the board in January 2020. On the board, Amit chairs the Strategic Planning subcommittee and also serves on the Finance subcommittee. Amit works at CVS Health on PBM Product Innovation & Strategy and brings prior experience from strategy/management consulting. Amit started his career in the not-for-profit area, and is passionate about education. He joined the board to engage more in the Sharon community and drive impact in the education area by supporting the cooperative schools in their mission. He is a proud parent of a current Nature School student, graduating in 2020.
Colby Chevalier joined the board in January 2020 and is the proud parent of two current Coop students, one of which will soon be joining the Nature School (Class of 2021). He has held a variety of positions at IMTRA Corporation, a family company located in New Bedford that imports and distributes products manufactured for the boating industry. Colby joined the Leadership team at IMTRA as Director of Product Management and is involved in sales, marketing, strategic planning, and general operations. Colby moved to Sharon with his family in 2014 and loves the sense of community it offers he and his family. He joined the board to help contribute to the important mission of creating a positive learning community for children and supportive parents and currently chairs the Marketing subcommittee.
Srivi Radhakrishnan (2023)
Srivi Radhakrishnan joined the Board in January 2020 and is the Accounting Supervisor at The Rose Kennedy Greenway, a non-profit in Boston. Srivi brings her passion on non-profit, children’s’ education and finance to the Board. She serves as Treasurer and is on the Finance and the Grant’s Committees and hopes to contribute to the vibrant community at the schools. Srivi is a proud parent of a first grader and a 3-year-old at the Sharon Cooperative School.
Matt Cohen (2022)
Matt joined the board in 2020 and is an Operations Manager for a Dunkin’ Donuts franchisee group. Matt is also a member of the Events subcommittee. He joined to continue the board’s efforts of building strong relationships between teachers, students, and parents. Matt is the proud parent of Mila (graduate 2020) and Aden (Future Coop graduate 2023)
If you have any questions, concerns or ideas you would like to share with us, feel free to email us at email@example.com
Interested in joining the Board?
Serving on the Board for The Cooperative School is a very rewarding experience as you can really make a difference for all of the children of the two schools and the community of 90 families each year. Additionally, you will gain a unique perspective into a well-established, non-profit educational organization.
The Board member term is three years with a possibility to extend in one-year increments with the approval of the Board. Almost every year the Board has vacancies and welcomes professionals from all walks of life – finance, marketing, education, legislation, HR and more. We meet monthly and communicate through email as needed. Each member serves on at least two of the subcommittees: Finance, Strategic Planning, Governance, Fundraising, Marketing, Events, The Nature School, and/or Director Services.
Here is the Board Member job description:
Role of the Board:
• Assist the Executive Director in determining the policies, procedures and regulations for the operation of The Sharon Cooperative School and The Cooperative Nature School.
• Ensure the fiscal stability of the organization.
• With the Executive Director, monitor and ensure maximum organizational performance including strategic planning
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
• Select, support, and oversee the Executive Director.
• With the Executive Director, create and approve organizational documents such as calendars, policies and Employee and Family Handbooks.
• With the Executive Director, oversee financial management and budgeting, manage and protect all assets of the organization
• With the Executive Director, assist with fundraising, including grant writing, planning and hosting events, and helping to determine the best use for these fundraising proceeds.
Individual Board Member Responsibilities:
- Attend all full board meetings 12 times annually, and serve on at least one subcommittee requiring approximately 3-6 additional meetings
- Participate fully at meetings; identify challenges, facilitate constructive solutions, volunteer for tasks
- Carry out delegated assignments promptly and report outcomes to the board
- Oversee financial management and budgeting
- Attend school functions as a support to staff and a resource for families
- Recruit new families, be an ambassador to the community for the school
- Solicit funds and community resources, participate in fundraising campaigns and open doors for others to raise funds
- Be aware and responsive to the changing needs of families and community
- Identify and recruit new board members; assist in orientation and mentoring
- Put the overall goals of the organization above personal desires
- Maintain the confidentiality of information relating to employees, volunteers, and families
To let us know that you are interested to serve on the Board, we ask that you write a letter sharing your interest and what you can offer to the school community in terms of interests and expertise. Please send your letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can talk to the Executive Director to learn more about the opportunity to serve on the Board.